Sunday, January 3, 2010

I'll start tomorrow

So I am definitely doing that thing where you "get it out of your system" before you start. Yesterday, I had pizza, breadsticks, salad sathered in blue cheese dressing, pasta bake and wine - lots of wine - and Baileys and ice cream. Oh - no problem because I am starting Monday. Rationally, I know this is a big problem and the bigger deal I make about "Getting healthy" the harder it will be to finish. But I just can't help myself.

I am at a critical point. We are leaving for China on the 26th and my energy and endurance levels are pitiful. My legs and ankles swell after just 3 miles of walking. This is a trip of a lifetime and I am going to blow it because I can't get it together to put down the damn fork. This is a big problem. But all I have is today and I can only focus on what is in front of me. So for now, I am drinking water, waiting for the coffee to perculate and heading for a bowl of Fiber One cereal. One step at a time .

No comments:

Post a Comment